Several months back I got busy and dropped posting to this blog. I went on a hiking vacation out West, and finished writing a book on science and religion. You wouldn’t know if from my blog, but other things—articles and interviews—did happen.
Here’s a few of them.
The Daily Beast
- Is There a Christian Double Standard on Religious Violence?
Nearly 80 percent of Christians don’t think a terrorist acting in the name of Christianity is Christian. But more than half say terrorists acting in the name of Islam are Muslims.
- Will Islam Inherit the Earth?
Fueling the hysteria on the part of politicians like Steve King and Geert Wilders, a blockbuster new report details how a lack of Christian fecundity may leave the earth to others.
The Huffington Post
- Who Are the Women Leading the Fight Against Climate Change?
“Women understand that the climate crisis is not just a problem to be solved, but rather an existential crisis and struggle for the very survival of all life itself.”
- Seminary Professor Handles the Guilt of Non-Belief
My interview at “Rational Doubt: With Voices from the Clergy Project”
- Podcast: Sparemin
Was interviewed in June for Matt DeMello’s Sparemin podcast, but for the moment, none of their interview links appear to be working. May update later.
- My Daily Beast piece “What It’s Like to Be Black and Atheist” to be in Free Thought Today’s August print magazine. I don’t think this will be online too, but if the link leads to the original article.
I have another piece coming out soon in The Daily Beast on atheism and morality, which I will post about later.